Quantcast
Channel: Nigerian Pilot News
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 20583

NFF Elections: Ogunjobi, Pinnick, Dikko in battle royale

$
0
0

The much-hyped elections into the Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, will hold today in Warri, Delta.
Nigerian Pilot Sports gathered from very dependable sources yesterday that the position of President ‘’is a three-horse race among Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, Amaju Pinnick and Shehu Dikko.
Our contact in Warri said Dikko, a member of the League Management Company, LMC, who was favourites may have lost some ground in the past few days following the ambition of Seyi Akinwumi for the first vice President slot. Akinwumi’s emergence in the race is counting against the strong support hitherto enjoyed by Dikko on the reason that the Lagos State Football Association chairman is also a member of the LMC.
In the weeks leading to the election, Pinnick who heads the Delta Sports Commission as well as the state football association was firmly on the driving seat. That appeared to have to have changed, according to our source as Chief Ogunjobi is said to be have made a serious inroad across the northern and southern delegates.
Curiously, Nigerian Pilot Sports has been told that since the Sports ministry/the National Sports Commission tactically prevailed on Lumumba Adeh, delegates are awaiting directives ‘’from above before voting begins.
Yesterday ahead of the presidential debate at the Golden Tulit Hotel in Warri, a representative of the Federation of International Football Associations, FIFA, Kwesi Nyantakyi arrived the country to monitor the polls. Nyantakyi, a banker and lawyer is the Chairman of Ghana Football Association.
In a related development, the Nigeria Football Federation Electoral Appeal Committee has affirmed the exclusion of Chief Odegbami and Ambassador Chris Giwa from today’s NFF polls in Warri, Delta State.
The Committee, in a communiqué signed after concluding its 2-day sittings between Friday, 26th and 27th of this month, stated that there were no appeals from any of the aspirants as at close of the stipulated period as provided for in the NFF 2014 Executive Elections timetable, just as its affirmed the Electoral Lists as released by the Electoral Committee.
“We assure Nigerians of our continuous pledge to carry out our duties creditably and, transparently for genuine general development of football in Nigeria,” the Committee assured.
The decision reached by the Appeals Committee effectively ruled Giwa and Odegbami out of the forthcoming NFF Elective Congress, despite the latter petitioning the Sports Minister Dr Tammy Danagogo over his exclusion by the Electoral Committee last week.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 20583

Trending Articles